Reducing sugar intake will cause you to drastically lose weight almost immediately. Drinking or eating high fructose corn syrup directly affects your liver and is the cause of most people developing a fatty liver which also indirectly affects your waistline immediately and more so over a period of time. The naturally occurring high fructose corn syrup found in fruit is not as harmful as other types simply because of its fiber content. Fiber helps to lower the processing of high fructose corn syrup in the liver thereby not producing the detrimental effects that high fructose has by itself.
If you consume any of the following foods on a regular base you will have a very difficult time losing weight.
- Soft drinks or other sweetened beverages
- Bread, cakes, pie, and pastry
- Salad dressing that contains sugar or high fructose corn syrup
- Ice cream and frozen yogurt
- Canned fruit [especially those packed in sugar]
- Processed fruit juices i.e. Apple, Grape, etc.
- Breakfast cereals: Cheerios, Granola, Corn Flakes – sweetened or not
- Potato chips and other junk food snacks
- Nutrition Bars and Granola Bars
- Jams and Jellies
- Energy drinks, sports drinks – sweetened or not
Some of you are probably turning the page right now; you just don’t want to hear anyone telling you not to enjoy your sweet treats. Well, your health is at state and if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle well into your senior years, you will take heed. High fructose corn syrup is the cause of many of a variety of health issues. Don’t take my word for it click the link below to read more on the subject.
You will find that reducing sugar can and will turn your body into a fat burning machine. Fat burns more effectively and efficiently and is the best source of fuel for our bodies. No more highs and lows, you know that crash you get after the energy drink wears off. Burning fat as a source of energy will keep you up and moving through your day feeling great. “Adrienne Vanterpool”