Meditation has numerous benefits that support complete bodily functions.
Taking steps to be more creative in your approach will strengthen your commitment. After all, you have very little to lose and so much to gain.
Here are several ways you might consider:
- Include meditation as part of your morning routine. This practice can be done in bed prior to getting up or shortly after you’ve done your morning run to the restroom.
- Take a few relaxing moments to breathe and settle into a comfortable place where you will not be disturbed.
- Sit quietly while reflecting on the gift of just being alive, here and now. You may want to offer up a short prayer or supplication at this time or not. Continue in this relaxed state of mind with your eyes closed for at least 5 – 10 minutes. This can be repeated throughout your day.
- The time you invest in practicing meditation will significantly improve your wellbeing. Therefore, it is imperative that you aggressively approach this practice on a regular base.
- Stay focus in your attempt, don’t start and stop. Choose your time wisely; this is for your benefit. Remember why you have committed to this practice then clear your mind of all doubts and fears.
- Let go of the clutter; all those things that creep into your mind to distract your attention.
- Develop a mantra: “a word, sound or phrase that you repeat to aid in concentration during meditation.”
- Give yourself credit for being willing to create harmony in your life as well as in the lives of those around you.
Meditation fosters peace and harmony, it just happens – I can’t explain it. When your life becomes more peaceful and harmonious the effects are phenomenal. Those positive effects are the catalyst that cultivates spiritual changes in your environment. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” “Adrienne Vanterpool”